As a local SME contractor, UPS is committed to creating positive social, economic and environmental outcomes in the communities we work in. Our Social Value Strategy focuses on key areas including:
- Apprenticeships and training opportunities, providing young people with high quality training to develop our future workforce
- Working with local schools and colleges to oﬀer work experience and take part in enterprise days, mock interviews and careers talks
- Our Dementia Friends Champions delivering information sessions for staﬀ, subcontractors, clients and customers
- Supporting projects in local communities by donating labor, materials and equipment, including spending 2 weeks volunteering for DIY SOS: The Big Build Warrington
- Working with social enterprises to refurbish and re‐use furniture, white goods, adaptions equipment and surplus materials, who in turn providing volunteering, aﬀordable items for low‐income households and divert waste from landﬁll.